Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Summer Begins

After an entire day of traveling, 9 hours of delays, a few panic attacks (due to the delays) and some expensive meals in London, I was picked up at the Milan-Malpensa airport by Enrico & Joe (live/work on the farm), Robyn (helper from NYC) and Autumn! I was so glad to see them waiting for me... I hadn't expected them to pick me up. It was midnight by the time I arrived, and I really appreciated them taking the 45 min. drive to save me from a long night in Milan!

Autumn, the other helpers and I are staying in a large room off of the main house/restaurant. We each have our own twin sized bed and a drawer in the dresser. Between my suitcase & the drawer, I have a place for just about everything. Right now there is only one other helper staying until the end of June. Her name is Robyn and she is from NYC. She has been a great help to us, explaining everything from what we must do on the farm to what plants to stay away from to avoid a burning rash!

So far I have met the following people:
Barbara - who we were in touch with via email leading up to our arrival. She is very kind and welcoming & speaks some english.
Joe - Barb's husband. We spent our first day entirely with him. He also speaks a LITTLE bit of english.
Enrico - Barb's brother. He was the kind soul who drove me to and from the airport due to my late arrival! He doesn't speak any english, but I was able to practice a few italian words upon arriving.
Marinella - Barbara & Enrico's cousin. Haven't spent much time with her yet.
Robyn - another helper like us from NYC. She will only be here until July 1st.

I plan to update more as the days go on. Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment