Monday, July 12, 2010

Weather Forecast

Throughout the past week, the weather has been all over the place. During the day its unbearably hot (80-90+ degrees). It is too hot to stand outside, let alone work -- so normally we get the afternoon to relax, out of the sun.

Crazy Thunderstorms

There have been 2 crazy thunderstorms, although one was crazier than the other. The first, and crazier one, was a few nights ago around 3 AM. The sound of the thunder woke me from my deep sleep. It was like I had my ear pressed up against the ground (from below) and a train was passing right above. Each rumble was equally loud, surprisingly long and very frequent. The lightening lit up the sky like a constant stream of flash photography. It was so bright that I could see it with my eyes closed in bed! The rain was pouring down onto our porch like a bottomless bucket tipped on its side. The wind blew so violently you could hear it whistle amidst the rumbling thunder. It was awesome! I stayed awake watching & listening until I naturally fell back asleep.

The next morning when I woke up, the plants were knocked over & it was obvious something had passed through. Barbara told me it was worse in the town. Supposedly there was grape-sized hail mixed in with the rain that had damaged cars and windows. It was incredible!

I really like thunderstorms, so long as I am safely inside! Its especially nice at night :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment